200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Barre & Soul Studio, Melrose, MA
(Next Training Dates: Jan-Jun 2016)
Led by Kristy Kuhn, E-RYT 200, RYT 500
Barre & Soul Studio (Formerly B Yoga Center) of Melrose offers a 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training and is approved by The Yoga Alliance. This 6-month training covers a broad range of yoga theory, philosophy, and practice, with particular emphasis on the traditional eight-limbed (Ashtanga) yoga system as described in Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras. Most of our senior faculty members have been practicing, studying, and teaching yoga for years.
Class meets at Barre & Soul Studio of Melrose on Tuesday nights from 7:30-10:30 pm along with 12 Sunday Intensive workshops from 12pm-6:15pm, and 3 two-hour study pod sessions (for practice teaching) running on Sunday afternoons. If you miss a Tuesday night class you can make it up at our sister school on Thursday night – Charlestown Yoga – where they will be utilizing the same program, curriculum, and instructor. If you need to miss a weekend workshop you can make it up for free the next year of teacher training and receive a provisional certification OR you can make your own arrangements to attend a workshop with the same teacher on your own time and money. You will find this is one of the most flexible programs in the Boston area. The workshops are attended by both yoga schools (Barre & Soul + Charlestown) thus expanding your yoga network.
1 year of yoga practice suggested to enroll in this program.
Next Training will be offered January - June 2016.
This course is designed to delve deeply into The System of Hatha Yoga. Classically, Ashtanga Yoga means Eight-limbed Yoga (ashta meaning eight, and anga meaning limb.) We will address each limb and will teach asanas from the Hatha Yoga system. Classes are taught by Kristy Kuhn, a 500 hr certified yoga teacher through YogaWorks, NYC and registered through Yoga Alliance.
The course is designed to:
- Systematically deepen your understanding of yoga.
- Develop skills for teaching yoga at a beginner’s level.
- Deepen your personal practice of yoga.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Serious students of all levels
This program offers instruction in beginning, intermediate, and advanced methods of pranayama (breathing) and asanas (poses). It is ideal for those who want to immerse themselves in an intense discipline either to begin or to deepen a practice. Advanced techniques will be explored in some of the specialty classes.
- Yoga teachers
For those who would like to teach, or for those who are already teaching, this course is designed to expand your knowledge of the theory and practices of yoga as well as to develop and enhance your teaching skills.
Comprehensive explanation of the systems of Ashtanga (8-limbed) Yoga and Hatha Yoga, as well as supporting studies of
- Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
- Ayurveda – Introduction to the ancient system of health care derived from the Vedic tradition. (Ayurveda is a complete science in itself. We will only be able to touch on the most basic concepts that relate most to yoga practice.)
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Yoga Scriptures
- Asana (postures)
- Pranayama (breathing practices)
- Mudras (hand gestures/locks)
- Dharana and Dhyana (concentration and meditation)
- Yamas and Niyamas (personal disciplines, observances and restraints)
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
At the end of the course, all participants who have attended the specified number of classes will receive a Certificate of Completion. This course is registered with Yoga Alliance at the 200 hour level, so that graduates can become registered Yoga Teachers.
TUITION AND FEES
- Tuition is $2900
- Convenient Monthly Payment Option
- A non-refundable $600 US deposit is due with registration.
CONTACT & WEEKEND DATE INFORMATION:
- For more information about this 200-Hour Teacher Training or paper registration form request, please email us at email@example.com
SUNDAY WORKSHOP DATES 2015 (12pm-6:15pm)
SUNDAY “STUDY POD” DATES 2015 – STUDENTS TO PICK THREE (1:30-3:30pm)